The Dallas Stars and Las Vegas Golden Knights are two of the most offensively potent teams in the NHL. The Stars 7th in the league in goals scored during the regular season with 281, while the Golden Knights were 11th with 225. Both teams have also been scoring at a high rate in the playoffs, with the Stars averaging 3.5 goals per game and the Golden Knights averaging 3.2.
There are a number of reasons why we can expect to see a high-scoring game between the Stars and Golden Knights in Game 3. First, both teams have a lot of firepower up front. The Stars are led by Jason Robertson, with 46 goals during the regular season, which was most on the team. Roope Hintz and Joe Pavelski are also dangerous scorers, and the Stars have a number of other capable goal-scorers, including Jacob Peterson, Denis Gurianov, and Michael Raffl.
The Golden Knights are a more balanced scoring attack led by Jonathan Marchessault, who had 28 goals during the regular season. Chandler Stephenson and Jack Eichel are also dangerous scorers, and the Golden Knights have a number of other capable goal-scorers, including William Karlsson, Max Pacioretty, and Reilly Smith.
With so much offensive talent on both sides, it is likely that we will see a high-scoring game in Game 3. The Stars and Golden Knights are both capable of putting up six or more goals on any given night, and I expect to see that happen in Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals.
Here are some additional reasons why I believe we will see a high-scoring game between the Stars and Golden Knights:
· Both teams are playing with a lot of confidence. The Stars have won three straight games to take a 2-0 lead in the series, while the Golden Knights are coming off a big win in Game 2.
· Both teams have a lot of speed. The Stars are one of the fastest teams in the NHL, and the Golden Knights are not far behind. This speed will create a lot of chances for both teams.
· I believe that all of these factors will contribute to a high-scoring game between the Stars and Golden Knights on May 23rd. I expect to see at least six goals scored in the game, and I would not be surprised to see even more.
· Game 1 went Over, and Game 2 went Under.
· Over 5.5 is 6-2 in the Golden Knights last 8 games
· Over 5.5 is 7-2 in the Stars last 9 games
The Pick: OVER 5.5 Goals 1.15 units to win 1 unit